Cruisin’ the Coast events will be condensed due to the impending threat of Tropical Storm Nate.
Woody Bailey, Cruisin’ the Coast Executive Director, said Friday events will go on as planned, but the weekend activities will be abbreviated.
“We encourage cruisers to enjoy today as planned. Tomorrow, Saturday, our Cruisin’ venues and other activities will be canceled except for our closing activities at Cruise Central,” said Bailey.
Bailey said Sunday’s closing activities will be moved to Saturday at 9 a.m. Closing activities include prize giveaways, the drawing for the Make-A-Wish Raffle Truck, and the unveiling of the 2018 raffle vehicle.
With more than 8,200 cars registered for the 21st Annual Cruisin’ the Coast, organizers know it will take some time to safely shut down the seven entertainment venues across the coast and Cruise Central at Centennial Plaza.
“We want our Cruisers and guests to have the best time possible and enjoy the Mississippi Gulf Coast to the fullest, but still head home with time to clear the area before we begin to feel effects of the storm,” said Bailey. “We appreciate everyone’s understanding and cooperation.”
In addition, hundreds of RVs, cars, and tents are set up along the beach, which will be in the direct path of the expected hurricane force winds and storm surge. Thursday, Biloxi officials began urging RV owners to consider leaving early.
Friday, October 6
- Registration and all Cruisin’ Venues are open 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Sites with bands: Bay St. Louis, Pass Christian, Gulfport Cruise Central, Edgewater Mall, D’Iberville, Ocean Springs, Pascagoula
- 2017 and 2018 Registration continues 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Country Cruisin’ Breakfast, Long Beach Yacht Club, 7-10 a.m.
- The Vicari Auto Auction doors open at 8:30 a.m.
- Swap Meet/Manufacturers Midway open at Coliseum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Car Corral continues, east of Treasure Bay, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Feature Car appearances: Bay St. Louis, 9-11 a.m.; Edgewater Mall, 2-4 p.m.
- Dennis Gage, of the TV program “My Classic Car,” appearances: Bay St. Louis, 9-11 a.m.; Edgewater Mall, 2-4 p.m.
- Courtney Hansen appearances: Coliseum, 10 a.m.- noon; Ocean Springs, 2-4 p.m.
- Street Rodder Road Tour appearance: Pass Christian, 1-3 p.m.
- Ocean Springs Sock Hop & Street Party, 5-9 p.m. featuring The Chiclets, Na Na Sha & The Tip Tops
- “Pass In The Night,” 5-9 p.m., Pass Christian, Live entertainment by the New Orleans Suspects
Cruisin’ Venue Entertainment
Bay St. Louis
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Charles “Doo Wop” Grant
- 1-2 p.m. – Cool Rayz
- 3-4:30 p.m. – The Chee-Weez
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Deuce Coupe
- 1-2 p.m. – Starz
- 3-4:30 p.m. – Dr. Zarr’s Amazing Funk Monster
Gulfport Cruise Central
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Garry Wesley
- 1-2 p.m. – Flashback
- 3-4:30 p.m. – The Tams
Edgewater Mall West Parking Lot (Hwy 90)
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Mr. Saxman
- 1-2 p.m. – Barlow Brothers
- 3-4:30 p.m. – Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi Tribute)
- 11 a.m.-Noon – N Rhythm
- 1-2 p.m. – Tommy Morse
- 3-4:30 p.m. – Na Na Sha
Ocean Springs Downtown
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Figure 8
- 1-2 p.m. – Strays
- 3-4:30 p.m. – Tip Tops
- 11 a.m.-Noon – Brandie
- 1-2 p.m. – Modern Eldorados
- 3-4:30 p.m. – Vince Vance & The Valiants
All events and times subject to change. Check our website for updates.
- Beach Boys, 8 p.m., Beau Rivage Theatre
- Brandon Bennett – Elvis My Way, 8 p.m., Hard Rock
- Garry Wesley – A Tribute to Elvis, 8 p.m., Palace Casino Resort, Contact Lounge & Sports Bar
- Jeff Foxworthy, 8 p.m., IP Casino
- Dian Diaz, 8 p.m.-1 a.m., Beau Rivage, EIGHT75
- Triggerproof, 10 p.m.-3 a.m., Beau Rivage, Coast
- Anderson Domingues, 8 p.m.-1 a.m., Beau Rivage, Breeze Bar
- DJ Tricky Dickies, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. and DJ Hurricane, 10 p.m.-2 a.m., Golden Nugget, Rush Lounge
- Hadley Hill, Treasure Bay, Blu
- Jesse Hill, 6-10 p.m., Scarlet Pearl Casino, Scarlet Steaks & Seafood
- Sock Hop, 8-10 p.m., Scarlet Pearl Casino, the Strand Event Center, $10 per ticket.
- Al “Lil’ Fats” Jackson, 8 p.m.-12 a.m., Slipper Casino
- Chris LeBlanc, 9:30 p.m., Hard Rock Biloxi, Center Bar
- Boogie Allstars, 8:30 p.m.-1 a.m., Hollywood Casino, Stage Bar
- Rock Bottom, 8 p.m.-12 a.m., Boomtown Casino, BT Stage
- DJ DukeDaGeniu$, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Scarlet Pearl Casino, PRL Bar, playing oldies but goodies
- After Party Band, IP Casino, Chill Ultra Lounge
You may also like: