The 17th Annual Scrapin the Coast is happening now along the Misssissippi Gulf Coast. Here are a few event details for this year’s show.
Both lanes are open and will remain open unless the city has to implement its event traffic plan over the weekend. That will only happen if traffic becomes congested due to Scrapin the Coast.
If the traffic plan is implemented, it will mean the left lane will be closed to all vehicles except for first responders.
In addition to the traffic cones, the White Avenue gate at Keesler Air Force Base is closed and will remain so until 5 a.m. Monday. Visitors to the base can use the Meadow Road gate this weekend.
For spectators to attend the show, it costs $15 a day. To show off a vehicle, the registration fee is $60 to park outside or $100 to park inside the Coliseum.
The gates are open at the following times:
- Vendor Setup – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Show Hours – Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Registration – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Here is a schedule of events for all three days:
- 8 a.m. – Registration and drive-thru judging begins at the Coliseum
- 10 a.m. – Vendor setup only (not a show day)
- 5 p.m. – Registration and drive through judging ends
- 7 p.m. – Pre-party/Cruisin for a Cause at Orangutangs Daiquiris and Bar, located at 228 Courthouse Road, Gulfport
- 7 a.m. – Registration and drive-thru judging begins at the Coliseum
- 8 a.m. – Gates open to the public; DJ Get Low starts spinning; stereo competition begins
- 1 p.m. – Burn out contest with cash prizes
- 2 p.m. – Cornhole tournament
- 3:30 p.m. – “Tilt Bed Evolution” bed dancing competition behind the main stage
- 5 p.m. – Stereo competition ends; Registration and drive-thru judging ends
- 6 p.m. – DJ Get Low spins through the night on the main stage and the after party begins at the Gulfport Dragway, located at 17085 Racetrack Rd, Gulfport
- 10 p.m. – Show ends
- 8 a.m. – Gates open to the public; DJ Get Low starts spinning; Stereo competition begins
- 2 p.m. – Stereo competition ends; “Red’s Hydraulics” hydraulic and airbag contest begins
- 4 p.m. – Award presentation begins
- 5 p.m. – Show comes to an end
To see rules set out by the City of Biloxi for Scrapin’ visitors, click HERE.
You may also like: