Celebrate Biloxi’s culture, heritage, and legacy at this year’s Blessing of the Fleet and Fais Do-Do.
- 89th Annual Fais Do-Do – Point Cadet Pavilion from noon to 10pm features craft vendors, local artisans, and great seafood.
- Live entertainment
- Gram Rea & Ty Taylor – noon
- No Plain Jane – 3pm, Early Admission is $5. After 5:30 admission will be $7.
- This festive party will climax at 5:30pm with the coronation of the King and Queen, and then beginning at 7pm The Bucktown All Stars band will perform.
- The Glow Run – Check-in and late registration begins at 5-6:45pm, the 5k begins at 7:30pm, and the 1-mile fun run begins at 7pm Prizes will be awarded at 9:30pm. The fee to enter is $25. Plus, bring your decorated Shrimp Boots to enter the contest immediately following the run.
- The Biloxi Cultural and Heritage Exchange starts at noon during the Fais Do-Do. Individuals are encouraged to bring boards illustrating their connection to:
- The Blessing of the Fleet
- the seafood industry past or present
- St. Michael Catholic Church
- The Slavonian Community
- The French Community, etc
- The Blessing Mass at St. Michael Catholic Church, located on Highway 90 – 4pm
The celebration continues with the ceremonial wreath dropping at 2pm. Boats will line up in the west end of the Biloxi Channel near the Beau Rivage Casino and then parade east in the Biloxi Channel. All shrimp and recreational boats are invited to receive a blessing for a safe and bountiful season. Cash prizes will be awared; $1,000 will be given to the 1st place best decorated boat, $500 will be given to 2nd best decorated boat, and a $500 participation award will be given to a selected working boat.