Gulf Island National Seashore
Please be advised that the dock at Ship Island is damaged from the recent tropical storm. Installed is a “Temporary Ramp Walkway System” over the damaged areas of the dock so you can have access to the Ship Island beaches. Please use caution when using these ramps by following these guidelines:
• Family / Groups should remain 6ft apart and practice social distancing-single file on the ramps
• Watch children at all times while on the ramps
• Do not stop on the ramps or dock for any reason (please, no photos on the dock)
• If you need assistance crossing a ramp, please notify a staff member before arrival
Round-Trip Ferry Routes:
- Gulfport (Gulfport Yacht Harbor/Jones Park) → Ship Island
Ferry Operation Seasons:
- Spring: March 14th – May 15th (Gulfport)
- Summer: May 16th – August 16th (Gulfport)
- Fall: August 19th – November 1st (Gulfport)
Walk-up Ticket Prices at Boat Dock:
- Adult: $32
- Child: $22
- Senior: $30
- Military: $30
- Infant: $0
2 Chairs and Umbrella: $25 (Reserve on Island Only)
A 3:30pm “Turn Around Cruise” is available on weekends in the Spring and Fall and 7 days a week in the Summer from the Gulfport location only. Enjoy a 1 hour cruise to Ship Island, pick up passengers and a one hour return trip. No time is allowed on Ship Island. The cost is $15 per person; 2 and under are free. Limited seating available. Strongly suggest you call 228-864-1014 between 9:30am and 12 noon to check availability. Please arrive at boat dock by 3:15PM. Boat arrives in harbor at approx 3:30pm. Tickets are sold when the boat arrives at dock.
For season schedules, click here.
Want multiple visits – Frequent Rider Pass
Passengers are allowed small carry-on items. Boat storage space is limited. Coolers (42 quart or less) and backpacks are permitted, but subject to search. No glass containers. Wagons and pop-up tents prohibited. See Carry On Policy below:
“Ferry service is weather-dependent and will be suspended for lightning, fog, high winds and heavy rain”.