Hot chocolate bombs are a mix of fun and sweet making them the perfect holiday treat this season. In 2020, they became a huge trend in the sweets game with lots of people asking how to make them or where you can buy them.
We caught up with the head baker at Spoonfed Kitchen and Bakeshop, Lynn Damron, for a look at how she makes her special hot chocolate bombs.
What you’ll need:
- Melting chocolate
- Hot cocoa mix
- Sphere molds – you can probably find them on Amazon
- Microwave chocolate in 20 second increments stirring in between each time until the chocolate is melted
- Coat the molds with the melted chocolate. Make sure each half sphere is fully covered
- Let the molds chill in the fridge for 3 – 4 minutes
- Carefully remove the spheres once they’ve hardened
- Rub the sphere edges on a warmed plate to make them flat and even
- Fill one side of the hot cocoa bomb with hot coco mix, marshmallows, and whatever else you want to put in it
- Melt the empty half of the sphere on the warm plate again and immediately seal it together with the other half, lining up the edges as best as you can
- Decorate the outside of the hot cocoa bomb however you want
- Place the hot cocoa bomb in a mug, pour warm milk over top, watch it explode, stir it up, and enjoy!
Copyright 2021 WLOX. All rights reserved.